Ballylusk Farm B&B Wicklow

The farm house was built in the 1860’s in the style common to the day, with large rooms and high ceiling, open fireplaces and large sliding sash windows. The Grimes family owned the house and adjoining farmland from the building of the house up until the 1930’s. The Cummins, who owned the Glen Hotel in Ashford, took over the farm in the 1930’s. The house was renovated about this time by a local builder, Alfie Nixon. The Cummins moved on in the 1950’s when the Medower’s took over the farm and land. In 1959 the Kelly’s took over the house and 123 acre farmland. The Kelly’s have resided their in one form or another to this day.

The farmhouse was first used for bed and breakfast in 1964. The first ever guest was a Mr. Joseph Bergen, a visitor from London. Mr. Bergen entered a poem into the visitors book on that first day. The house has continued to open it’s doors to visitors from all over the world to this day.

“Pretty house and happy home.
May it prosper in the years to come.
Peace be found and comfort ,
Sunshine and some rain.
And for better hosts you’ll look in vain.”

Online Enquiry

Make an enquiry directly to Emmerville House B&B Kerry by completing the form below.